Re: Ambient Light Events Feedback

+10000 to Device namespace. I moaned about this in the early DAP days but that feedback was lost in a flurry of discussion about the 'danger of adding new globals'.

From: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com<mailto:waldron.rick@gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 07:49:51 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl<mailto:annevk@annevk.nl>>
Cc: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Ambient Light Events Feedback

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl<mailto:annevk@annevk.nl>> wrote:
It seems the feedback I made in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Dec/0016.html
applies here too. (Also, IDL has no "string" type, but I agree with
Tab that it should be an enum.)

(Also, from a reviewer's perspective, I would greatly prefer it if we
just put all sensor APIs in a single document. These are quite trivial
APIs and with the current organization most of the content is
boilerplate.)

+1, From both an implementor (ie. https://github.com/rwldrn/johnny-five/blob/master/docs/sensor.md, not in a browser) and author perspective, this makes sense.

I'd even argue that all of these:

DeviceOrientationEvent (incl. compassneedscalibration)
DeviceMotionEvent
DeviceLightEvent
LightLevelEvent
DeviceProximityEvent
UserProximityEvent

Possibly even:
 - Battery
 - Temperature

....all belong in a single common "Device Sensory Events" spec.

Rick

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/