network neutrality and speech codecs

From: James Salsman <jsalsman@talknicer.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:59:28 -0600
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Oct 10, 2011, at 20:25 , James Salsman wrote:
>> Are you willing to accept a group discussion of whether and how to
>> support network neutrality with the network device API?  If not, why
>> not?
>
> Is there any new technical input to this discussion that was not covered last time around?

Yes, the FCC recently issued regulations on the matter which I propose
we explicitly endorse, and the membership has not yet been polled on
the questions of whether to require each of the eight network
neutrality measurements I have proposed be made available in the
network device API:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Sep/0088.html

>> How about a discussion of including explicit support for Speex and FLAC codecs?
>
> At this stage we do not have specifications being actively developed that require codecs of any fashion

I am afraid you are mistaken, unless Media Capture has made it to Last
Call and I was not informed.

> PS: How does this relate to hotel booking?

If the chairs continue to forbid polling on these matters, I will not attend.

Sincerely,
James Salsman