Re: Sensors API : New draft. Includes discovery proposal

From: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:30:30 -0700
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Some comments:

In the example, you use "session.startWatch(watchOptions)" when you
should be using "sensorConnection".

For the "sensor not available" exception, I suggest to use
"DOMException.NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR (9)" from

For "threshold", recommend that the description be:
The threshold attribute represents a sensor data value which when
reached will cause a sensordata event to be delivered. Multiple watch
operations with different thresholds can be used for example to
monitor sensor "min/max" ranges. Monitoring for a delta changes can
also be accomplished by clearing a watch upon the sensordata event,
and creating a new watch with the desired delta threshold.
No exceptions.

I don't see the "SensorManager" interface you refer to re "a proposal
to support basic discovery is on the draft under the SensorManager

Bryan Sullivan

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 3:14 AM, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA <jmcf@tid.es> wrote:
> Hi,
> A new draft of the sensor API is available at [1]. It tries to capture the different comments received during the last conf. Call and through the mailing list. @Claes a proposal to support basic discovery is on the draft under the SensorManager interface.
> Your feedback is needed.
> Thanks, all the best
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/Sensors.html
> Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
> This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.

Bryan Sullivan