Re: Feature Permissions Playground

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:54:42 +0200
CC: Doug Turner <w3c@dougt.org>
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org Group WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>

On 3.3.2011, at 13.28, ext Anssi Kostiainen wrote:

> I wanted to experiment to see how well Feature Permissions could scale up to support requesting multiple permissions up-front, so I created a simple Feature Permissions implementation to find out:
>  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/docs/feat-perms/feat-perms.html
> I had to do some changes to Permissions interface to accommodate what I needed from the implementation to support the multiple permissions use case. I documented the changes at:
>  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/docs/feat-perms/feat-perms.html#changes

Doug Turner of Moz has also thought about the Device API permission management. His proposal and comments are good read:

Based on the above I did a minor change to make the callback response easier to work with. I also added a very rough example of how to apply capability-based security to all this (inspired by Philipp's comments in the above):

Let me know what you think.