Webinos and DAP (was: Potential charter item: mDNS/DNS-SD)

Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 11:34 +0000, Dave Raggett a écrit :
> This is an active area of work for the European FP7 project "webinos" of
> which W3C/ERCIM is a part. We are looking at ways to enable discovery
> over a variety of interconnect technologies e.g IP networks (mDNS, SSDP,
> SLP), USB, Firewire, Bluetooth, Zigbee, and by context (social network
> connections and smart spaces).
>
> The bottom line is that if device discovery is part of the DAP charter,
> we will be able to contribute specifications and hands on implementation
> experience as well as to help with editing WDs.
>
> See http://webinos.org/ for more details.

After discussions with the Chairs, given the potential overlap between
Webinos and DAP, and since I'm also a contributor to the Webinos
project, I've offered to make a presentation of the Webinos project
during the F2F next week, probably early during the rechartering
discussions.

Hope this will help,

Dom