Re: Proposal for additional deliverables in rechartering DAP

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:07:05 -0500
To: ext Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
CC: public-device-apis@w3.org
On Mar/9/2011 9:37 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2011, at 14:44 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
>> Le vendredi 04 mars 2011 à 17:39 +0000, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com a
>> écrit :
>> Regarding Art's question about their relationship of these works to the
>> priority Web APIs: the way I envision it at this time, these works
>> should not block the work on APIs, but rather complement it with an
>> additional layer.

Would you please expand on the above e.g. the "layer" relationship?

Do you know enough about these two proposed deliverables to know if they
will be Normative documents?
>> My reasoning is that if any of the security/privacy work is to be
>> useful, it needs to apply to already existing APIs (Geo, Accelerometer)
>> and to APIs developed outside of this group.
> Yes indeed.

The use of "apply" in this context implies these two proposed
deliverables are more like non-normative BP type documents. Is that what
you expect?

-AB

I apologize in advance for dumb-ing this down but what I'd like to
understand re "relationship" here is whether for I would appreciate it if