RE: Question about HTML Media Capture specification

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:35:23 +0200
To: "Jimenez, Ernesto, VF-Group" <Ernesto.Jimenez@vodafone.com>
Cc: js45.yang@samsung.com, Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com, public-device-apis@w3.org, 정상욱 <sangwook@samsung.com>, 이원석 <wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com>, 김규영 <gyuyoung.kim@samsung.com>
Le lundi 04 juillet 2011 à 14:59 +0200, Jimenez, Ernesto, VF-Group a
écrit :
> However, I don't understand why I would want to take a picture from
> the camcorder. Could you elaborate on that? :)

I'm afraid I can't :)

This originates from the Android implementation of this that takes a
named parameter to indicate the preferred source of the media content,
but it's not clear to me indeed how the developer would make a useful
guess as to what is best used for the given content.

Some discussions around this (but without specific input) back in July
last year:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0051.html

Dom