RE: Question about HTML Media Capture specification

From: Jimenez, Ernesto, VF-Group <Ernesto.Jimenez@vodafone.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 14:59:15 +0200
To: "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>
Cc: <js45.yang@samsung.com>, <Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>, 정상욱 <sangwook@samsung.com>, 이원석 <wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com>, 김규영 <gyuyoung.kim@samsung.com>

Yes, but the developer doesn't know what options are available in the device. What would be the use case for me as a developer to specify I want to record audio from the camcorder instead of the microphone?

I would understand having options such as capture="front-facing-camera" and capture="rear-facing-camera". I understand the use case: a web app about photography would probably default to rear-facing camera, but a form to submit your profile photo would default to the front-facing one.

However, I don't understand why I would want to take a picture from the camcorder. Could you elaborate on that? :)

Thanks!
Ernesto