ISSUE-64 - propose to close

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:29:27 +0100
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
On the last teleconference I offered to review ISSUE-64, titled ""Generic" sensors may permit discovering sensitive information". The title of the issue is probably misleading, "Network properties such as macAddress and SSID  may impact privacy" might have been better.

This issue was raised some time ago when System Information had much more network information. Based on this issue the draft was reviewed for privacy concerns in this area  [1] and the items of concern from a privacy perspective were removed.

I suggest we close ISSUE-64 as action to address the concern was completed. I will close the issue after our meeting this week unless concern is noted on the list.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010May/0098.html

For tracker, this should complete ACTION-331