Re: Contacts API updates

Hi,

On 14.1.2011, at 15.00, ext Rich Tibbett wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com> wrote:
>
> While reading the vCard specs I found a minor bug in my example: the lines should be terminated with CRLF (\r\n). It's good to get these details right especially if the example ends up in the spec (copy-pasting example code is not uncommon).
>
> I've included your examples in the spec. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have further feedback.

Looks good! I only spotted couple of minor things:

- A typo: the "UID" line is missing the "\r\n".

- The [VCard4] reference is missing from ReSpec.js/bibref/biblio.js. vCard 4.0 is still in its Internet-Draft state [1] so we should not reference it (yet). To refer to vCard 3.0 you can use [RFC2426]. AFAIK vCard 3.0 is a superset of the 2.1, so perhaps we can just reference the 3.0.

Daniel was asking about the synchronization: vCard 4.0 includes mechanisms to make the sync process more robust [2]. This is not to say that the sync would not work based on the earlier versions as well.

More information on the revision of the vCard format can be found from the vcarddav working group web site at [3]. The mailing list [4] seems to be quite active in case we need to consult IETF folks working on the vCard and its revision.

-Anssi

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-15
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-15#section-7
[3] http://www.vcarddav.org/