Re: Rechartering Device APIs & Policy Working Group

From: Steve Block <steveblock@google.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:09:51 -0800
To: "Nilsson, Claes1" <Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Hi Claes,

Recent activity on the draft spec has been the addition of the
DeviceOrientationEvent.absolute and
DeviceOrientationEvent.compassCalibrated properties. I don't think
there are any outstanding issues in discussion right now.

It's still an editor's draft but I think it's pretty stable at this
point, though we're missing use cases. We should proceed to FPWD as
soon as the Geolocation WG charter is re-extended (it may be already,
I am not sure).

As far as implementations, we have iOS 4.2, Android 3.0 and Chrome 7 (OSX)

Steve

--
Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ