Re: Battery Status API Last Call Feedback (LC-2574)

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:21:00 +0100, Anssi Kostiainen
<anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com> wrote:
> When the battery charging state is updated, the user agent must queue a
> task which sets the charging attribute's value and fires a simple event
> [HTML5] named chargingchange at the BatteryManager object.
>
> When the battery charging time is updated, the user agent must queue a
> task which sets the chargingTime attribute's value and fires a simple
> event [HTML5] named chargingtimechange at the BatteryManager object.
>
> When the battery discharging time is updated, the user agent must queue
> a task which sets the dischargingTime attribute's value and fires a
> simple event [HTML5] nameddischargingtimechange at the BatteryManager
> object.
>
> When the battery level is updated, the user agent must queue a task
> which sets the level attribute's value and fires a simple event [HTML5]
> named levelchange at the BatteryManager object.

This looks good. You might want state in the terminology section that
"queue a task" and "fire a simple event" are defined elsewhere rather than
repeat it, but that's up to you.

> I added the following to the Conformance section:
>
> [[
>
> The Function interface represents a function in the scripting language
> being used as defined in [HTML5].
>
> ]]
>
> Would that do the trick? I'm looking for the path of least resistance
> here :)

To define an event handler you need to have a little more language. See
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#event-handlers for
instance. And until we have the fancier lowercase function keyword you
need this in your IDL:

   [TreatNonCallableAsNull] attribute Function? onXXX;

Cheers,

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/