Re: Battery Status API Last Call Feedback (LC-2574)

On 1.12.2011, at 13.35, ext Mounir Lamouri wrote:

> On 12/01/2011 12:21 PM, Anssi Kostiainen wrote:
>> You're right, I was probably exaggerating the privacy threat. Here's the updated proposal:
>>
>> [[
>>
>> The API defined in this specification is used to determine the battery status of the hosting device. This information discloses battery related information, which has minimal impact on privacy or fingerprinting, and therefore is exposed without permission grants.
>>
>> ]]
>
> Should we make clear that authors can't directly know if there is a battery or not in the device?

Good suggestion. I reworded the section as follows:

[[

The API defined in this specification is used to determine the battery status of the hosting device. The information disclosed has minimal impact on privacy or fingerprinting, and therefore is exposed without permission grants. For example, authors cannot directly know if there is a battery or not in the hosting device.

]]