See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 13 April 2011
<scribe> ScribeNick: richt
<fjh> vCard status, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0045.html
<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 6 April 2011 are approved
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 6 April 2011 are approved
<fjh> Questionnaire results : http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/juljun-f2f/results
<fjh> result looks like 19-21 july near paris
<dom> [I won't be there, but Francois Daoust will probably attend in my stead]
RESOLUTION: Next F2F will be 19-21 July
<fjh> Proposed charter (revised) http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
<fjh> intents, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0053.html (Claes)
<fjh> local service discovery, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0068.html (Dave Raggett)
<fjh> feature permissions, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0070.html (Frederick)
fjh: dom made some updates and we've had some discussions on list
... proposed some language for feature permissions
<trackbot> ACTION-343 -- Richard Tibbett to propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter -- due 2011-03-02 -- OPEN
<dom> [we should probably send a call for last input on the charter to the list, if we want to resolve to approve the charter before the end of this month]
<fjh> close ACTION-343
<trackbot> ACTION-343 Propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter closed
<fjh> ACTION: fjh to send call for last input on charter to list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-382 - Send call for last input on charter to list [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-04-20].
darobin: HTML Media Capture...what's the status?
... have there been updates?
<dom> [no recent update, still open issue with regard to combination of attributeß]
darobin: action seems to be done.
<AnssiK> +1 for publishing it
darobin: go ahead and publish and ask for feedback?
<fjh> +1 to publish early and often, e.g. HTML Media capture, updated WD (correction to agenda)
RESOLUTION: Publish HTML Media Capture as an updated draft
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to handle publication of HTML Media Capture WD [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-383 - Handle publication of HTML Media Capture WD [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-04-20].
darobin: Next item is Messaging API. Do we want to do CfC?
<dom> "decision, wait a week for feedback, then pubiish WD next week "
darobin: no new feedback so again happy to publish
<dom> "This draft proposes a vastly different approach to the previously published version, using URI schemes as a way to address different messaging protocols instead of using separate methods. The group is specifically looking for feedback on which approach is felt like the most useful."
<dom> it is
fjh: note in document status to point to other version?
<fjh> thanks see it now
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to handle publication of Messaging WD [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-384 - Handle publication of Messaging WD [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-04-20].
RESOLUTION: Publish updated draft of the Messaging API
Next item is Status Events.
<fjh> Battery Status Event
<fjh> Agreed to publish FWPD after updates completed.
<fjh> updated, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0051.html (Anssi)
<fjh> additional, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0066.html
AnssiK: feedback has been included in the spec
... Tried to address those comments directly in the spec or noting issues raised on the mailing list in the document.
<dom> [we would need to send a CfC for the FPWD of battery status; it should probably highlight its relationship with SysInfo]
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to put out a CfC for Battery Event [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-385 - Put out a CfC for Battery Event [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-04-20].
RESOLUTION: Put out a CfC for Battery Status Events
Next up is Network Connection API.
<fjh> Network Connection
<fjh> CfC for FPWD after Suresh completes edits.
<fjh> update, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0064.html (Suresh)
darobin: not sure if Suresh has finished his edits?
<dom> "The only change that is pending is the "network change" event." "If this works I can go ahead and incorporate it."
fjh: Suresh's email left us a little unsure of whether to publish now.
AnssiK: seems like a few properties got added. Concerned by mobile specific attributes
+1 [too mobile specific in its attributes]
<dom> AnssiK, could you send your concerns as a reply to the list?
darobin: let's continue the discussion. would be good to get the draft in CVS.
<AnssiK> dom, will do
<fjh> +1 to putting draft in CVS
fjh: will put it in CVS
<dom> "network" is so generic
fjh: network-connection URL prefix?
this is a no bikeshedding zone :)
Next up is Contacts API
<fjh> Editor action (Rich) to update search filters
darobin: action on richt to update section 5.2.2
<fjh> contact error interface, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0040.html
<dom> (contacts is our most advanced spec, it would be good to move it to LC sooner rather than later)
richt: not yet done. not a priority to publish at this stage
<fjh> +1 to dom on moving to LC earlier rather than later
darobin: would be good if we could go to last call in early May (or something along that timeframe)
<dom> (we had LC for Contacts Apr in our roadmap, so I guess this will need to be delayed one more time...)
richt: will try to update this section so we can publish. proving difficult to focus on this API right now since its not high priority in terms of implementation just now.
darobin: more feedback to do with error interface
<darobin> Contact error codes
richt: have no strong opinions either way on the Contact error codes
darobin: find it slightly more convenient with strings. just wondering when the error codes are used.
richt: perhaps we could define when the error codes are thrown in the rules and algorithms of the spec.
darobin: it's an interop problem otherwise.
... will try to have a go at fixing this.
richt: no problem for me.
Next up is Calendar API
<dom> ACTION: Dom to ping PH re FPWD of calendar [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-386 - Ping PH re FPWD of calendar [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-04-20].
darobin: made a request to publish the Calendar API. Have not heard back from W3C management.
... we need permission to publish.
... as soon as that happens I'll do the pub request properly (pub rules)
Next item - SysInfo
darobin: perhaps difficult to discuss the proposed static properties without Suresh around.
<trackbot> ACTION-363 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to see with Maria on how to proceed for updated messaging api draft -- due 2011-04-06 -- PENDINGREVIEW
fjh: don't need to do much here. we've been through this recently.
<darobin> close ACTION-363
<trackbot> ACTION-363 See with Maria on how to proceed for updated messaging api draft closed
<darobin> close ACTION-367
<trackbot> ACTION-367 Update HTML Media Capture with new attribute closed
darobin: that's it for now. call adjourned.