Re: doodle (Re: Scheduling calendaring coordination call.)

From: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:12:42 -0400
To: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
cc: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>, Rich Tibbett <rich.tibbett@gmail.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi Rich,

--On September 10, 2010 3:00:59 PM +0200 Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>

>  > As I noted before, the main disadvantage of using an RDATE list as
>  > opposed to an RRULE is that the "pattern" of the recurrence is lost.
>  > i.e. a list of dates does not obviously convey the meaning of "every
>  > Monday at 10 am". That makes it hard to adjust the event in the case
>  > where changes are needed.
> Right. Any further proposals from members of the group around RRULE would
> be most appreciated. At this stage we have a proposal to support
> non-Gregorian calendars only based on RDATE which should probably be
> considered as an interim but workable solution.

The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium is having a face-to-face meeting
early next month at the IBM campus in Littleton, MA, USA
(<http://www.calconnect.org/calconnect19.shtml>). That would be a good
place to have current iCalendar "experts" discuss any proposal (I will be
there and would certainly like to report on our discussions here).

Cyrus Daboo