W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > October 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-10-06

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 01:40:00 +0200
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <019A1F0D-DDEB-4874-9B20-B30E8A246E22@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting  #43  2010-10-06

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
 Note any additions or changes to agenda
 Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

2a) next F2F WG questionnaire and TPAC registration and information

WG questionnaire (for all),  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/tpac2010dap/

TPAC registration (for in-person attendees) http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

2b) "Permissions for Device API Access" published as First Public Working Draft,   , http://w3.org/TR/api-perms 

2c) Reminder, no call next week (13 October 2010 Teleconference Cancelled)

Next teleconference 20 October, http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes

3) Minutes approval

Approve 29 September minutes

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Sep/att-0160/minutes-2010-09-29.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 Sept 2010 approved

4)  Device Permissions

published, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Oct/0006.html

next steps

5) Privacy  

Status update, ACTION-210 Summarize and add issues to ruleset doc	Alissa Cooper

W3C Workshop on Privacy and data usage control held 4-5 October,  http://www.w3.org/2010/policy-ws/agenda.html

Plan to discuss follow up at later DAP meeting. Many papers of interest, including:

http://www.w3.org/2010/policy-ws/papers/03-Doty-Wilde-Berkeley.pdf

http://www.w3.org/2010/09/raggett-fresh-take-on-p3p/

http://www.w3.org/2010/policy-ws/papers/04-Hart-stonybrook.pdf

6) Contacts

Harmonization descriptions

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Oct/0003.html (Suresh), ACTION-278

"I have added a section to the Contacts API spec entitled 'API Invocation  via DOM Events' + an example of its usage. It is included informatively 
and might be worth a read:",  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Oct/0001.html (Rich)

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html#api-invocation-via-dom-events

7) Capture

7a) ACTION-251 	Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture	John Morris

8) Calendar

status and next steps

9) SysInfo status

Outstanding editorial  and review items - planned completion mid august (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0017/minutes-2010-08-04.html#item05 )

ACTION-213 -- Richard Tibbett to review sysinfo draft after edits made 

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Oct/0002.html (Rich)

ACTION-214 -- Thomas Roessler to request IETF community review of sysinfo API Last Call WD through W3C/IETF liaison channel

ACTION-243 -- Dong-Young Lee to review sysinfo draft after edits made

network interfaces, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Sep/0104.html (James)

Any other SysInfo discussion?

10) Other API status


ACTION-216 Reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API

11)Action and Issue review

11a) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-226: Richard Tibbett to Start TimezonedDate spec

ACTION-250: Richard Tibbett to Add issue to contact writer corresponding to Dom's email for ACTION-215, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html

ACTION-277: Dom to Get api-perms published as FPWD

11b) Open Action review

Please review and note if these can be closed or note anticipated date of completion

11c) Open Issue Review
	   
12) AOB

13) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

--
Received on Tuesday, 5 October 2010 23:41:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:14 GMT