Re: TZDate (formerly TimezonedDate) F2F notes

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 11:01:50 +0100, Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com> wrote:

> Here are the notes I took when we discussed TZDate (formerly
> TimezonedDate) at the F2F.
>
> We decided that rather than build on the standard ECMA Date object (and
> then acquire some complex stringification changes) we should find an
> alternate solution.

I would much prefer if we went with the ECMA Date object instead, as it
has full support for getting and setting dates in UTC format, and also
additionally supports getting the offset between the User Agent's current
timezone and UTC.

If preserving the originating time zone for an event has interest, then
that could just as well be an attribute on CalendarEventProperties.
--
Arve Bersvendsen