Re: Messaging API status and next steps

Rich,
If we are to take the approach that anything which can be done by a web
service should be out of scope for DAP, we would have little to do. This
would include (things that can be done via a web service):
* pim (contacts, calendar, tasks)
* messaging
* gallery

Essentially anything that is not clearly stored on the local device or
information that only the device knows (e.g. Status) could be supported by a
web service.

To be sure, I do not recommend that we go that far. So for message sending,
the ability to use the locally-available content and service invocation
capabilities related to specific services such as messaging, are still
important to define as APIs even if we do have already have useful/usable
methods such as URI schemes and web services.

Bryan | AT&T