W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2010

RE: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-03-31

From: Suresh Chitturi <schitturi@rim.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:12:52 -0500
Message-ID: <D37CC1B151BD57489F4F89609F168FE804ED804D@XCH01DFW.rim.net>
To: "Frederick Hirsch" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, "W3C Device APIs and Policy WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Please accept my regrets as well!

Regards,
Suresh
 

-----Original Message-----
From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Marcin Hanclik
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:10 AM
To: Frederick Hirsch; W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
Subject: RE: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-03-31

Hi,

Regrets for today's call.

Thanks,
Marcin

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646
E-Mail: marcin.hanclik@access-company.com

-----Original Message-----
From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Frederick Hirsch
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:11 PM
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
Cc: Frederick Hirsch
Subject: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-03-31

Agenda - Device APIs and Policy Working Group - Distributed Meeting
#21  2010-03-31

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
  * Note any additions or changes to agenda
  * Select scribe: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

2a) Next F2F planning

Questionnaire: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/mid2010-f2f-schedule/

Results:
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/mid2010-f2f-schedule/results

proposed RESOLUTION: The next DAP F2F will be held TBD at TBD.

2b) Media Annotation request for review

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Mar/
0002.html (Robin)

3) Minutes approval

F2F

16 March, Day 1,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/att-0154/
minutes-2010-03-16.html

17 March, Day 2,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/att-0169/
minutes-2010-03-17.html

18 March, Day 3,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/att-0180/
minutes-2010-03-18.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 16-18 March 2010 F2F approved.

4) Policy

4a) Editorial updates

i) Updated policy requirements with changes from Bryan and F2F comments

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0160.html (Frederick)

ii) Added abuse cases to requirements, provided by David

iii) New draft Policy Framework, material provided by David (draft)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0236.html (Frederick)

Additional changes expected. FPWD plans?

4b) Privacy Policy FPWD plans

Draft -
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/0164.html
  (Frederick)

Delay for action from Alissa and John to review and suggest and update?

4c) Policy builder tool and policy example

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0156.html (David)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0158.html (Daniel)

4d) Contacts API in Mozilla Labs

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0181.html (Dom)

4e) Privacy by Design

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0209.html (Robin)

5) APIs

5a)  calendaring, notably I18N

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0189.html (Robin)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0192.html (Felix)

"working with time zones"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0207.html (Addison)

5b) reviewing the API check list

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ApiCheckList (Dom)

5c)  FileWriter FPWD status

5d) Messaging FPWD status

5e) Capture

Draft updated

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/
0226.html (Ilkka)

5f) Other APIs

6)  Open Action  and Issue review

6a) Open Actions

Please review and complete your actions, sending email and marking as
pending when completed.

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

6b) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.
ACTION-98: Alissa Cooper to Provide draft text for requirements
document summarizing 4 privacy aspects and other suggested changes to
privacy material

ACTION-99: Claes Nilsson to Provide more detailed proposal aligned
with powerbox proposal

ACTION-100: John Morris to Share information on key important privacy
policy aspects relevant to DAP

ACTION-102: Frederick Hirsch to Add definition from ACTION-48 to
policy requirements

ACTION-103: Frederick Hirsch to Update policy requirements revising T*

ACTION-107: Frederick Hirsch to Update policy requirements document
with changes proposed by Bryan, update on conformance targets as
discussed and information on where privacy aspects may be addressed as
discussed in meeting

ACTION-111: Frederick Hirsch to Create framework directory, and
template for framework

ACTION-113: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Propose a checklist of points
to verify before LC for APIs, including REST-ful, minimization, policy-
binding

ACTION-127: Frederick Hirsch to Prepare privacy-reqs out of policy-
reqs for a call for consensus for FPWD

ACTION-129: Richard Tibbett to Figure out how to specify TimeZonedDate

ACTION-131: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Set up poll for next F2F
around mid June (14-18) or first week of July, in either Helskinki,
London, Seoul, Madrid

ACTION-133: Max Froumentin to Change message.create(TYPE) to
message.createTYPE()

ACTION-134: Max Froumentin to Replace Message.timestamp with
Message.sent and Message.received

ACTION-137: Max Froumentin to Change sequences into arrays in Message
API

ACTION-144: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Take an editorial pass at
privacy-reqs

6c) Issues

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/open

7) Other Business

8) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

Regrets: Ilkka Oksanen

________________________________________

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Kiyoyasu Oishi, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is
privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying
or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly
by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
Received on Wednesday, 31 March 2010 13:14:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:07 GMT