RE: ACTION-129: Expressing timezones in the Calendar API

Le vendredi 26 mars 2010 à 18:25 +0100,
richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com a écrit :
> I agree, though I don't have any formal liason with ECMA. Can another
> member of our group (or the group itself) ask for feedback on option 2
> from ECMA??

I think writing a message on the topic to public-script-coord@w3.org is
probably the best first step - that's where the informal coordination
with ECMA TC39 is done at W3C.

> The proposal here is to only store and communicate the properties that
> are required to reconstruct a date and time object on any given platform
> without getting in to the gritty details of timezone reconstruction
> ourselves in the spec. We also side-step the issues with the ECMA Date
> object (though the parameters provided can be used by a developer to
> construct an ECMA Date object if desired).

I'm still not quite sure why you don't want to extend the ECMA Date
object (which would avoid having the developer converting between one
and the other) - I guess this might have been the results of your
thinking process on the topic, but would it be possible to share it with
the rest of us :) ?

(and this would help document the resolution of ISSUE-81 "timezonedDate"
once we feel we're reading to solve it)

Dom