Re: New draft of FileWriter API posted

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:13:12 +0100
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On Mar 10, 2010, at 13:48 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:53:39 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com> wrote:
>>  - It's a process issue so we shouldn't waste time on it, but normative references to HTML5 can get tricky when the draft progresses to high maturity levels. I wonder if we can simply stick to talking about "the global context" without mentioning the Window interface. But that can wait.
>
> You also need the reference for things like "queue a task".

True enough. But as I said, I just wanted to raise the issue but it's not a blocker, and if by any chance this draft dashes to CR we can cross that bridge then. I think that there's a good case to be made that we can reference stable parts of HTML5 irrespective of its official publication maturity.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards