Re: New draft of FileWriter API posted

From: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:16:18 -0800
To: Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com> wrote:

> I've just posted a new draft of the File Writer API [1], based on the
> version I posted in January [2].  I look forward to your feedback.  In
> the mean time, I'll get going on a clean draft of the FileSystem API.
>
> Thanks,
>
>      Eric Uhrhane
>      ericu@google.com
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html
> [2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0228.html

Thanks for posting this.  Some questions:

1-  What is the proposed way to get a FileWriter from an <INPUT
type="saveas"> element?

2-  In the sample, it appears that onwrite is used to signal completion.
 But is that called if the write completes with an error as well?  Or, is
onwrite only called if successful?

3-  How are the onwritestart, onwriteend, and onprogress events defined?

4-  It would be good to document when the "length" and "position" properties
are updated.

5-  Can seek throw an exception if position > length?  Or, is it valid to
seek beyond the end of the file?

6-  Can truncate fail?  I would assume so.

-Darin