Re: New draft of FileWriter API posted

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:42:58 +0100
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 03:01:13 +0100, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com> wrote:
> I've just posted a new draft of the File Writer API [1], based on the
> version I posted in January [2].  I look forward to your feedback.  In
> the mean time, I'll get going on a clean draft of the FileSystem API.

BlobBuilder should have an overloaded append() method rather than two
separate methods. That would be more consistent with similar APIs.

It is not defined how the constructor for BlobBuilder ought to work.

Why is endings needed? Can't the author handle that himself?

Could we get away with not having encoding at all? I.e. always writing
UTF-8 octets?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/