RE: REST: DAP Web Server to access to local resources

Thanks Bryan,

The first time a user accesses a web application that wants to access device resources provided by the "DAP Web Server" the "Auth" function provides user interaction to grant access to requested resources. Once the requested resource(s) are granted the user do not have to grant access the next time the application is accessed as long as the resource(s) are not changed. Basically the "manager" allows the user to manually withdraw previously granted permissions for web applications access to Device Resources. In addition the "manager" may provide the possibility for the user to pre-configure an access policy. For example, the user could state that only web applications whose origin is "operator" and "vendor" are allowed to access the contacts API.

Optionally a "pre-arranged trust policy" framework, "Policy", may exist as indicated in the figures. The "manager" might correspond to the Bondi policy info/decision/enforcement point. I need to look more at the Bondi architecture to give a more substantial answer.

Something that have to be considered is whether this fits into the Powerbox concept, i.e. if a "DAP Web Server" could be considered as a local Provider and be installed as part of the Powerbox "Provider Registration" process.

Best regards
  Claes