W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-03-03

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:28:38 -0500
Message-Id: <002ABD11-0BD1-4519-8F8D-5BC09F55B511@nokia.com>
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting    
#19  2010-03-03

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
   Note any additions or changes to agenda
   Select scribe: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
   reminder, F2F 16-18 March

3) Minutes approval
   24 February 2010
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/att-0161/minutes-2010-02-24.html

4) Policy

4a) Editorial Updates

Added draft privacy section  to Security, Privacy and Policy  
requirements by Dom and Frederick

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy-reqs/#privacy-considerations

4b) Privacy paper - please read

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0174.html (Frederick)

4c) REST: DAP Web Server to access to local resources

" proposal for how API access control through "user authorization" and/ 
or "pre-arranged trust" through a policy framework can fit into a REST  
based architecture."

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0017.html (Claes)

4d) Powerbox and Privacy

Privacy discussion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0023.html (Tyler)

Use of UMP
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0016.html (Tyler)

4e) OpenProvider Proposal for A/V Capture

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0021.html (Richard)

4f) Policy, Security and Privacy topics for F2F

Suggestions and concerns.

5) APIs

5a) SystemInfo discussion on list

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0160.html (Jose)
ISSUE-76 (sysinfo-availableNetworks): Available/Preferred Networks in  
sysinfo
5b) Feature support testing

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0166.html (Mark S)

5c) Powerbox

Fine-grained and non-installed providers

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0171.html (Kenton)

Next steps?

5d) Bluetooth/NFC thread

URI Schemes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0019.html (Claes)

5e) Review of APIs

5f) other API topics, F2F topics?

6)  Open Action review

Reminder: Proposals and preparation in advance of F2F would help that  
meeting be more productive.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0024.html (Frederick)

7) F2F Agenda and Planning

Draft agenda to be provided.

Decisions to be considered at F2F, issues to be discussed?

8) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-16: Bryan Sullivan to Help review/compare device capabilities  
and features
ACTION-46: Daniel Coloma to Provide input of capability definition and  
semantics

ACTION-48: Suresh Chitturi to Propose a definition for API access  
control, and a possible model for policy enforcement

ACTION-90: Thomas Roessler to Deal with publication of SysInfo as FPWD

ACTION-93: Robin Berjon to See with Frederick about a possible CfC for  
FPWD of policy-reqs

ACTION-95: Dominique Hazzel-Massieux to Draft something on privacy in  
policy-req

9) Other Business

10) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

Regrets:
Received on Tuesday, 2 March 2010 21:29:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:06 GMT