W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2010

Regrets (was Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-03-03)

From: Suresh Chitturi <schitturi@rim.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:38:52 -0600
Message-ID: <D37CC1B151BD57489F4F89609F168FE80407FD00@XCH01DFW.rim.net>
To: <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Sorry, I'm unable to attend due to travel.

Regards,
Suresh


----- Original Message -----
From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org <public-device-apis-request@w3.org>
To: W3C  Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Sent: Tue Mar 02 15:28:38 2010
Subject: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-03-03

Agenda — Device APIs and Policy Working Group — Distributed Meeting    
#19  2010-03-03

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
  • Note any additions or changes to agenda
  • Select scribe: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html


2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
  • reminder, F2F 16-18 March

3) Minutes approval
  • 24 February 2010
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/att-0161/minutes-2010-02-24.html


4) Policy

4a) Editorial Updates

Added draft privacy section  to Security, Privacy and Policy  
requirements by Dom and Frederick

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy-reqs/#privacy-considerations


4b) Privacy paper - please read

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0174.html (Frederick)

4c) REST: DAP Web Server to access to local resources

" proposal for how API access control through "user authorization" and/ 
or "pre-arranged trust" through a policy framework can fit into a REST  
based architecture."

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0017.html (Claes)

4d) Powerbox and Privacy

Privacy discussion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0023.html (Tyler)

Use of UMP
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0016.html (Tyler)

4e) OpenProvider Proposal for A/V Capture

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0021.html (Richard)

4f) Policy, Security and Privacy topics for F2F

Suggestions and concerns.

5) APIs

5a) SystemInfo discussion on list

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0160.html (Jose)
ISSUE-76 (sysinfo-availableNetworks): Available/Preferred Networks in  
sysinfo
5b) Feature support testing

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0166.html (Mark S)

5c) Powerbox

Fine-grained and non-installed providers

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0171.html (Kenton)

Next steps?

5d) Bluetooth/NFC thread

URI Schemes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0019.html (Claes)

5e) Review of APIs

5f) other API topics, F2F topics?

6)  Open Action review

Reminder: Proposals and preparation in advance of F2F would help that  
meeting be more productive.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Mar/ 
0024.html (Frederick)

7) F2F Agenda and Planning

Draft agenda to be provided.

Decisions to be considered at F2F, issues to be discussed?

8) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-16: Bryan Sullivan to Help review/compare device capabilities  
and features
ACTION-46: Daniel Coloma to Provide input of capability definition and  
semantics

ACTION-48: Suresh Chitturi to Propose a definition for API access  
control, and a possible model for policy enforcement

ACTION-90: Thomas Roessler to Deal with publication of SysInfo as FPWD

ACTION-93: Robin Berjon to See with Frederick about a possible CfC for  
FPWD of policy-reqs

ACTION-95: Dominique Hazzel-Massieux to Draft something on privacy in  
policy-req

9) Other Business

10) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap


Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings


Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

Regrets:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
Received on Tuesday, 2 March 2010 21:39:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:06 GMT