RE: Bluetooth / NFC APIs

Hi Max,

Yes, if we want to keep this simple it has, for each property, to be clarified which attribute the thresholds apply to.

However, if we want it more flexible would it be possible add a way for the author to define which attribute the thresholds apply to? I am considering for example a proximity sensor that is only capable of detecting "near" and "far". In that case the value attribute is null and we can't define threshold values, i.e. not trigger when the device is "near" and "far" from for example the user's ear/face as. Would it complicate the "watch" method to much if we add the possible for the author to define which attribute the thresholds apply to? Your view?

Furthermore, is it correct that if no threshold values are stated when the "watch" method is called, this means that a successCallback is invoked when any of the properties attributes changed its value? If this is correct interpreted this means that a device implementation of an API for an external sensor will have to be able to continuously report sensor values. Even though all implementation details (beare, protocols etc) are hidden buy this simple API for web developers, have you though if issues like battery drain etc?

At last, a small comment on an editorial error. In the example in the beginning of section 4.8 I guess that maxThreshold should be
highThreshold.

Best regards
  Claes