W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > June 2010

Regrets (was Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-06-30)

From: James Salsman <jsalsman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:16:11 -0700
Message-ID: <AANLkTimU5HX3Z1m6WYVibLi-7ieXZAiCrHYoQsSF908S@mail.gmail.com>
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Frederick, I regret I will not be able to participate in the teleconference
tomorrow morning.  I am very ambivalent, but a schedule conflict is also in
my way.

Also, while I truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss agenda item 7, on
the System Information specification, pertaining to my discussion with Bryan
about connection service quality aspects affecting web user experiences and
preferences, I do think it would benefit from a week's cooling off as there
are clearly very politically and economically charged issues involved.

I think the entire group would benefit from the time to reflect how a few
technical system information database records have such pervasive economic
and policy implications.  I am not trying to avoid getting them right, but I
am saying that to get them all right together we can all benefit from a
little more time to reflect on current practices regarding the use of such
measurements, statistics, and flags in multihoming practice.

On Jun 29, 2010 4:13 PM, <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

Agenda — Device APIs and Policy Working Group — Distributed Meeting  #34
 2010-06-30

Regrets: Dominique_Hazael-Massieux, Thomas_Roessler, Dzung_Tran

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
• Note any additions or changes to agenda
• Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

F2F in London

Please complete DAP registration form (even if you do not plan to attend)
<http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/london2010/>

F2F Agenda - suggested agenda items, other suggestions?

TPAC registration and information available (F2F after London F2F, 4-5
November )

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Jun/0001.html>

Policy and Privacy requirements published

http://www.w3.org/News/2010#entry-8845

3) Minutes approval

• 23 June 2010

<
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/att-0266/minutes-2010-06-23.html
>

4) Policy -  "checkPermissions"

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0279.html(Dom)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0285.html(Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0286.html(Doug)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0289.html(Doug)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0304.html(Robin)

5) Policy - WICDA

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0280.html(Robin)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0281.html(Dom)

6) APIs - Contacts

serviceId
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0269.html(Dom)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0278.html(Richard)

Next steps, publication?

7) APIs - SysInfo

updates, bearer proposal
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0301.html(Bryan)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0310.html(James)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0314.html(James)

Next steps

8) APIs Capture

Changes needed based on feedback?

 9) Other API discussion

FileAPI updates
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0288.html(Arun)

10) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-193: Bryan Sullivan to Respond to Dom's comments before next week,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0133.html ,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0132.html

ACTION-197: Robin Berjon to Add to agenda next week to agree to publish
updated contacts WD on 29 June

ACTION-201: Frederick Hirsch to Review WARP from perspective of use for DAP

11) AOB

12) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

--


regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Wednesday, 30 June 2010 00:16:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:10 GMT