Re: RE: changes to sysinfo (was Fwd: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-06-23)

Bryan,

We need a definition of an active connection which makes sense in the
context of plural connections and multihoming. I can't think of a better
place to add net neutrality. I mean, if a device has WiFi and cellular
internet both, then clearly one or the other is usually preferable. I can't
imagine that preference wouldn't be equivalent to what most people mean by
bandwidth, carrier-independent end-to-end compatibility, and reasonable
round trip times. Some devices already multihome that way. I think I
mentioned bandwidth, but maybe indirectly.

If the number of connections got changed from plural to the singular, we
should change that back. The internet interface device(s) are usually plural
to begin with, anyway.

Also I don't know what "bearer connection" means.

On Jun 28, 2010 10:27 PM, "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <BS3131@att.com>