RE: Updates to File API

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 03:56:46 +0000
To: David Levin <levin@google.com>
CC: "arun@mozilla.com" <arun@mozilla.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Jian Li <jianli@chromium.org>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:40 PM, David Levin wrote:
> I agree with you Adrian that it makes sense to let the user agent figure
> out the optimal way of implementing origin and other checks.
>
> A logical step from that premise is that the choice/format of the
> namespace specific string should be left up to the UA as embedding
> information in there may be the optimal way for some UA's of implementing
> said checks, and it sounds like other UAs may not want to do that.

Robin outlined why that would be a problem [1]. My original feeling was that this should be left up to UAs, as you say, but I've been convinced that doing so is a race to the most complex URL scheme.

Cheers,

Adrian.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0743.html