Re: CfC: Policy Profile: XACML FPWD

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 17:23:06 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, public-device-apis@w3.org
Le mercredi 09 juin 2010 à 17:08 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> On Jun 9, 2010, at 17:07 , Robin Berjon wrote:
> > this is a call for consensus to see if there are any objections to publishing the Policy Profile: XACML as a FPWD.
> I forgot to note: publication is pending an action to look into the IP regimen under which XACML lives.

That's ACTION-185 for reference; my 5 minutes investigations show that:
* the XACML TC operates under the RF on Limited Terms Mode of the OASIS
IPR Policy
* the W3C Patent Policy FAQ states that:
         W3C Recommendations may include normative references to
        standards or technologies developed outside of W3C.
         However, the Working Group should keep in mind the importance
        of royalty-free implementations of Web standards.
         In the event it becomes clear that the licensing status of
        those externally-developed technologies could become a barrier
        to implementation of the technology according to the W3C
        Royalty-Free (RF) Licensing Requirements, W3C may choose not to
        publish the document or may launch a PAG.