Contacts updates

From: Rich Tibbett <rich.tibbett@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:16:05 +0100
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi,

I've made a number of changes to the Contacts API:

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts

The API itself remains the same and this update was primarily intended to
provide more Introduction to frame the objectives of this specification,
improve the Contact Search Processing rules and provide an annex for User
Interface Guidelines/Examples. The Design Considerations previously given
their own section have been subsumed in to other sections as appropriate.

The only changes to the API itself are:

- the 'name' attribute of ContactProperties has been made in to be of
complex type 'ContactName' following feedback on the list [1] - though
certain additions may still be needed (please reply with details if this is
the case!).

- the 'filter' attribute of ContactFindOptions has been flattened to a
DOMString in order to accomodate the intended user interface/experience in a
clearer way.

I have also included my current notes for 'Search Sorting' according to
feedback received on [2] from the I18N WG. I haven't had time to flesh out
this section just yet but my thoughts on how to proceed are included there.
Due to the complexity of this subject I'd like to set the objective of text
sorting to be inline with the first paragraph in [3].

I encourage everyone to read through this latest draft specification and
please do provide feedback on the mailing list for any concerns, questions,
general wanderings, suggestions or rants (but hopefully not too many rants
please).

Hi Tracker, this relates to ACTION-125.

- Richard

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0005.html