Re: Question on text search

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:35:58 -0700
To: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Cc: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
As a default, I'd suggest the Unicode algorithm documented in
http://unicode.org/reports/tr10/#Searching.

Commercial systems (such as what we do a Google) will go beyond this to
include more sophisticated processing such as synonyms, language-sensitive
deaccenting, stemming, etc., but that is beyond what can be required in a
general specification.

Mark

— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —