Re: HTML Media Capture draft from Device APIs and Policy Working Group

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:59:11 +0200
To: "Andrei Popescu" <andreip@google.com>
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:08:58 +0200, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> It seems better to me to start out simple first.
>
> Ok, but is 'capture' that complex / complicated? It seems to me very
> easy to implement and use.

It's not necessarily complex or complicated. It is just less simple than
making the file control better, which would already be a huge improvement
over what we have today.

>> Like Jonas I'm not too
>> convinced the capture parameter is really justified.
>
> I see. What would it take to convince you? We have a real world
> application presenting a pretty reasonable use case for it.

Yeah, I suppose. I just wish we would do these things in smaller more
incremental steps. Up to this point very little UI experimentation has
been done with the file control. I think it would be nice if that
experimentation settled first before we start thinking about how to
control the particulars.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/