Re: "HTML Media Capture" prepared for publication

On Friday, July 16, 2010, Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2010, at 12:07 , Andrei Popescu wrote:

>>> Added (although I think I saw you mention "gallery" in another thread);
>>
>> Thank you. Yep, I did say "gallery" but I think that's a bit too mobile-centric.
>
> I'm not so certain about that actually. In OSX for instance, people typically put their pics in iPhoto and it would make a lot of sense to expose that as a gallery (as in fact a number of apps do) because trying to browser iPhoto's internal directory structure is at best a pain in the arse. Windows has a similar ("My Images") concept, though perhaps less integrated.

Either way, the files live somewhere on the filesystem. The parameter
is meant for Web app developers to say that they are interested in
files that already exist on the user's device.

The way the file picker looks like on a particular platform and what
platform-specific APIs it is using is an implementation detail in my
opinion.

Thanks,
Andrei