Re: JavaScript Permissions interface in WebApps

Hi Frederick,

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM,  <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
> Andrei
>
>> But the Geolocation WG did not reject the idea of taking action to protect privacy. I think it is regrettable to make such a statement.
>
> Was the Geolocation WG able to take any action to help resolve the privacy concerns?

Our action was to include a normative section in the spec (Security
and privacy considerations) that describes what steps conforming User
Agents and applications must take in order to protect privacy.
FYI, this was tracked in http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/track/issues/5

> If so, what can the DAP WG learn from this work?

The Geolocation WG's responses to the Last Call comments summarize our
conclusions and also contain plenty of references to the extensive
discussions we had on this topic:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Oct/0009.html

Thanks,
Andrei