W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > January 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-01-27

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:36:49 -0500
Message-Id: <D699300E-6C5C-46DF-A519-6E868BF85DB8@nokia.com>
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting  
#15  2010-01-27

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
   Note any additions or changes to agenda
   Select scribe: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
   The Contacts API has now made it officially as First Public  
Working Draft: http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-contacts-api-20100121/ (Dom)

3) Minutes approval
   20 January
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/att-0167/minutes-2010-01-20.html

4) Policy Discussion

4a) Virtual Web Services - API vs REST

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/ 
0168.html (Max)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/ 
0181.html (Art)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/ 
0185.html (Kenton)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/ 
0186.html (Dzung)

4b) ACTION-85, BONDI investigations into REST : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0187.html 
  (Paddy)

4c) Open Action review
ACTION-16: Bryan Sullivan to Help review/compare device capabilities  
and features

ACTION-45: David Rogers to Provide use case with threat model scenarios

ACTION-46: Daniel Coloma to Provide input of capability definition and  
semantics

ACTION-48: Suresh Chitturi to Propose a definition for API access  
control, and a possible model for policy enforcement

ACTION-77: John Morris to Provide a discussion of requirements for  
privacy

ACTION-79: Paddy Byers to Integrate his use cases in policy requirements

4d) Sysinfo, ISSUE-63, encrypted attribute, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0171.html 
  (Thomas)

4e) Use cases and Requirements

Rest requirements? Plans to publish FPWD?

5) API Discussion

5a)  Sysinfo CfC, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0170.html 
  (Robin)

5b) Calendar draft available, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0182.html 
  (Richard)

5c) Messaging draft available http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0183.html 
  (Niklas)

5d) progress review

6) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-53: Robin Berjon to Make proposal on saving individual contacts  
to different address books
ACTION-69: Paddy Byers to provide use cases for the policy  
requirements document

ACTION-73: Frederick Hirsch to Draft a response TAG issue on privacy  
and policy

ACTION-81: Robin Berjon to Flesh out Mark's device as local web  
service proposal, using a Geo-based example

ACTION-82: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Request transition of Contacts  
API as First Public Working Draft when pinged by Robin

ACTION-83: Robin Berjon to Ping Dom when Contacts FPWD is ready

ACTION-85: Paddy Byers to Provide his thoughts on LREST based on  
experience from BONDI's earlier discussions on the same

A7) AOB


8) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

Regrets: Paddy_Byers
Received on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 01:39:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:05 GMT