Re: [Powerbox] A RESTful proposal for Web enabling devices

Hi Tyler,

I think the language in Section 4, "Provider Installation" could
perhaps be clarified. Namely, from reading it (admittedly somewhat
quickly) there were at least two things that were unclear to me.

First, on using the <link rel="Provider"> for provider discovery, how
would you imagine this to be used. Would you imagine, for example,
that Flickr would link to a photo-chooser provider from every page on
their site? Just the home page? Or something else?

Second, you state that "A user-agent MUST provide a presentation of an
offered Provider", which to me sounds like the user-agent is popping
up a dialog box on every page, and the user (-agent) can't tell that
dialog to never be shown again. Or, that the user/-agent isn't free to
say "never show me providers unless I ask for them". Perhaps there's
some way this can be altered to be more popup-banning friendly?

-- Dirk