W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > August 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-08-11

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:48:19 +0200
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <4F90461E-BCBB-4CCB-8C3A-DA81EC74DAEB@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting  #36  2010-08-11

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
 Note any additions or changes to agenda
 Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

2a) next F2F WG questionnaire and TPAC registration and information

WG questionnaire (for all), http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/tpac2010dap/

TPAC registration (for in-person attendees) http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

2b) March F2F questionnaire (Seoul, Korea)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/seoul-f2f-dates/

2c) Messaging API FPWD published 10 August

http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-messaging-api-20100810/

2d) Web Notifications charter under review

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Aug/0001.html (Thomas)

3) Minutes approval

Approve London F2F minutes (15, 16 had minor updates)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0032/minutes-2010-07-14.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0032/minutes-2010-07-15.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0032/minutes-2010-07-16.html

Approve 4 August minutes

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0022/minutes-2010-08-04.html (v2)

4) Privacy and Policy

4a)  Policy features

Updated draft, see  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/features/

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0024.html (Frederick)

ACTION-218

4c) Policy requirements

Actions remain open

4d) Privacy

New items?

5)  Calendar

5a) Call for calendaring coordination

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0025.html (Thomas)

6) Contacts API

6a) Updates planned for next week (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0017/minutes-2010-08-04.html#item06 )

6b)  Informal proposal for integration of Contacts API with HTML forms

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0026.html (Wojciech)

7)  Messaging API

Review comments, ACTION-222

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0019.html (Thomas)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0021.html

Attachments

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0028.html (Robin)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0031.html (Thomas)

8)  Capture

Any new discussion? Next steps?

9) SysInfo status (deferred unless new topics)

Outstanding editorial  and review items - planned completion mid august (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/att-0017/minutes-2010-08-04.html#item05 )

ACTION-211, ACTION-213, ACTION-243, ACTION-214 

Any other SysInfo discussion?

10) Action and Issue review

10a) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-203: Bryan Sullivan to Add proposal from John Morris re buckets to sysinfo, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0322.html

ACTION-205: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Document a couple of APIs restrictions and see how it impacts policy work

ACTION-222: Thomas Roessler to Review the Messaging security section

ACTION-235: Ingmar Kliche to Polish Media Capture

ACTION-236: Thomas Roessler to Report back on IETF relationships after Maastricht meeting

ACTION-244: Frederick Hirsch to Send notice on features draft to list and ask for help progressing

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0023.html

ACTION-245: Frederick Hirsch to Provide notice on tpac questionnaire

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Aug/0005.html

ACTION-246: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Request approval for FPWD for messaging and prepare publication

10b) Open Action review

Please review and note if these can be closed or note anticipated date of completion

ACTION-210	Summarize and add issues to ruleset doc	Alissa Cooper

ACTION-216 Reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API

ACTION-218 Provide proposal for feature architecture text regarding web and widgets cases for feature document

ACTION-238 Inform OMA groups of our status	Bryan Sullivan

10c) Open Issue Review

actions associated with these?

ISSUE-92 getVsWatch	Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor

ISSUE-36 domainBasedTrust	How far can we go with domain based trust model given constraints of HTML5 security model	
 	   
11) AOB

12) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

--

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 10 August 2010 20:49:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:12 GMT