W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > August 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-08-04

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 21:43:20 +0200
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <FAC2CCA5-90EA-4556-8CE5-99D1A7EFDB0F@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting  #35  2010-08-04

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
 Note any additions or changes to agenda
 Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

2a) TPAC registration and information available (F2F after London F2F, 4-5 November )

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Jun/0001.html>

2b) Media Capture Working Draft published, 20 July - http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/

2c) Welcome, Bo Chen, China Unicom, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0008.html

2d) Richard Tibbett now at Opera, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0006.html

2e) March 2011 F2F

Status of March hosting in Korea? 

Questionnaire re March F2F attendance - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/seoul-f2f-dates/
 
3) Minutes review

Defer F2F minutes approval until Robin's return from vacation. 

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes#draft-minutes

Any review comments?

4) Privacy and Policy

4a) Next steps for rulesets? 

actions would require agreement to adopt ruleset approach...

4b) Policy features

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/features/

ACTION-218

4c) Policy requirements

ACTION-241, ACTION-242

5)  Message API Status

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0003.html (Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0005.html ACTION-221 (Maria)

ACTION-222

CfC http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0111.html (Dom)

publication?

6) SysInfo status

Outstanding editorial  and review items?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0002.html (Frederick)

ACTION-211, ACTION-213, ACTION-243, ACTION-214

7) Contacts API

Updates in progress, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0007.html (Richard)

Write access issues, ACTION-215

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html (Dom)

8) Calendar

Next steps with vcard, Poco, OMA

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0142.html (Thomas)

calConnect, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0143.html (Thomas)

Recurrence comparison, ACTION-227

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0115.html (Dom)

9) Capture

Update and questions

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0004.html (Ingmar)

ACTION-235

10) Action and Issue review

10a) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-143: Anssi Kostiainen to Provide feedback on the list on Gallery API

ACTION-208: WonSuk Lee to Review comments from anssi http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0029.html

ACTION-209: Kangchan Lee to Review comments from anssi http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0029.htm

ACTION-215: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Write up issues with write/delete access for Contacts APIs

ACTION-217: Frederick Hirsch to Create an API features document, with Paddy

ACTION-221: Maria Angeles Oteo to Draft a security section for Messaging

ACTION-225: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Look at a common analysis grid for security/privacy across APIs

ACTION-227: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Compare iCalendar recurrence model with current Calendar API

ACTION-228: Thomas Roessler to ping Cyrus Daboo re Calendar API

ACTION-233: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Update media capture form for publication next week

ACTION-234: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Seek review of html-media-capture from HTML WG, Webapps once FPWD is published

ACTION-239: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Prepare survey on finding a date for a F2F meeting in Seoul, in Feb/Mar 2011

ACTION-240: Kangchan Lee to Look into hosting at ETRI in late Feb/early Mar 2011

10b) Open Action review
 
Please review and note if these can be closed.

ACTION-210	Summarize and add issues to ruleset doc	Alissa Cooper

ACTION-211	Make proposal on list for sysinfo privacy section	Alissa Cooper

ACTION-213 Review sysinfo draft after edits made	Richard Tibbett

ACTION-243 Review sysinfo draft after edits made	Dong-Young Lee 	

ACTION-214 Request IETF community review of sysinfo API Last Call WD through W3C/IETF liaison channel	Thomas Roessler

ACTION-216 Reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API

ACTION-218 Provide proposal for feature architecture text regarding web and widgets cases for feature document

ACTION-222 Review the Messaging security section	Thomas Roessler

ACTION-235 Polish Media Capture		Ingmar Kliche

ACTION-238 Inform OMA groups of our status	Bryan Sullivan

10c) Open Issue Review

ISSUE-92 getVsWatch	Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor

ISSUE-78 exifPrivacy		Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged)

ISSUE-36 domainBasedTrust	How far can we go with domain based trust model given constraints of HTML5 security model	

ISSUE-26	How to refer to API
  	   
11) AOB

12) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

--

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 3 August 2010 19:44:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:12 GMT