RE: First stab at System Info & Events API

(adding Geolocation Working Group mailing list)

Le lundi 26 octobre 2009 à 07:24 -0700, Tran, Dzung D a écrit :
> I agree that Compass needs to move to the Geolocation API. I think
> someone on the last call took an action item to talk to the
> Geolocation group.

I took that action, and now is as good a time as another to make it
happen :)

So, Dear Geolocation Working Group, what are your plans (if any) to
provide an API that takes advantage of embedded compass in devices to
determine the current orientation of the device?

It looks like there was discussion about this in the past, e.g.:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2008Oct/0023.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2008Nov/0135.html

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t appear in the proposed v2 of the spec:
http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-v2.html

Thanks,

Dom