RE: DAP Roadmap, priorities

From: 전종홍 <hollobit@etri.re.kr>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:52:31 +0900
To: "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>, "public-device-apis" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi, dom.

It's a minor comment.

It should change : "NCF" ==> "NFC"

--- Jonathan Jeon

-----Original Message-----
From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dominique Hazael-Massieux
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:29 PM
To: public-device-apis
Subject: DAP Roadmap, priorities

Per my ACTION-60, I have started working on a roadmap for our WG
deliverables at:

I have listed at the top the APIs that were identified as our priorities
in one of our early teleconfs [1], although we didn’t make it a formal
resolution as far as I can tell. The APIs we agree to work on in
priority [2] are:
• Contacts
• Calendar
• Filesystems
• Messaging

Note that at this time, we only have active work on the Contacts API in
that list, and some discussions around Filesystems — the lack of work on
the two others is somewhat worrying. I think it would be useful to get
people volunteering to come up with Editors drafts for Calendar and
Messaging at the very least.

I have heard several people thinking that the photo/audio/video capture
API should also be a priority (myself included, actually), so maybe this
is something we should reconsider.

I would be also useful if the WG could approve the rough schedule
(ideally after having agreed on more specifics for the priority APIs).

I haven’t put any policy-related spec in the table, since I don’t think
we have a very clear idea on how they are going to be articulated at
this point; but when/if we do, we should definitely add them to the

Ideally, we should discuss that roadmap each time we fall behind
schedule on any of the priority items and update it after that
discussion. I hope the Chairs can take responsibility for this, but I’ll
try to watch this as well.

I have also started listing API that we will not work on (per previous
discussions), as well as APIs that have been suggested for future work
(which matches Robin’s ACTION-56), although that latter list might be
usefully moved to a wiki page as suggesting in the said action item.

2. this also takes of Robin’s ACTION-55; this might also take care of
Frederick’s ACTION-57, although this is not in the wiki