Re: Rename “File API” to “FileReader API”?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:35:15 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, public-device-apis@w3.org, public-webapps@w3.org
Le mardi 10 novembre 2009 à 02:27 -0800, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> At TPAC, I recall that we proposed drawing the line between file
> reading/writing on the one hand (presumably to go in the current File
> API spec) and filesystem access (including messing with directories,
> mountpoints, file renames etc) to be done in the Filesystem API spec.
> Do we need further discussion to settle what goes in which spec?

My understanding of the line was different: FileReader on the one hand,
on a fast track in WebApps, and a more generic file interaction APIs
(including file writing, and file systems operations as needed by
well-defined use cases) in DAP.

So we probably need further discussion if that’s not a shared
understanding :)

That said, unless the plan is to include file writing in the 1.0 version
of the current File API (which I think was not the case wherever it gets
done), I think my suggestion of renaming it to FileReader still makes
sense.