Re: <input type=photo> etc as Capture API

From: Ilkka Oksanen <Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:57:41 +0200
To: ext Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>
CC: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
ext Arve Bersvendsen wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:46:50 +0100, Ilkka Oksanen
> <Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com> wrote:
>
>> +1, I too think <input> aproach alone is too restrictive.
>
> In contrast to the current API, could you please demonstrate/prove
> exactly how <input type="file">, possibly with more embedded
> microdata, is too restrictive? What can you do in the proposed
> Capture API that you simply can't do with input?

After reading related threads probably there is way to get everything
work with <input ...> approach assuming synthesized click events are
enabled. Then it becames question of simplicity.

navigator.device.captureImage(function(data) {
    // send the image to server side script
    }, 1);

How much more complex would equivalent <input> based solution be?

	-ilkka