Re: Starting Our Mission

Hi all,

I'll jump in here :) Nice to meet you all! Thank you for starting the
conversation!

I definitely agree with the idea of having this handle VR, AR and 3D on a
desktop. These three would future proof things to an extent. One other area
that'd be good to consider (which technically falls under AR) is mixed
reality and being able to track surfaces and position elements accordingly.
While not very common just yet, with HoloLens, Meta, Google Tango on
phones, Intel's RealSense camera, Magic Leap and whatever Apple has in
store, the expectation for this to be available functionality on our
displays is likely to be there in the future, so it'd be great to plan for
it ahead of time.

When it comes to building a schema and deciding how this would all work,
could I suggest following the work of A-Frame (aframe.io)? There'll be (and
already is) a huge number of web developers who'll understand how A-Frame
works and will have already integrated that into their websites.

As A-Frame is developing alongside the WebVR spec, I wonder if it'd be
beneficial to see whether the two streams can be one concept? Or am I
missing something about the idea of Declarative WebVR that differs from
what we'd be able to slowly evolve out from A-Frame?

Patrick Catanzariti

*Web (Personal Portfolio):* http://www.patrickcatanzariti.com
*Web (PatCat Creative):* http://www.patcat.com
*Mob:* +61401197448