Re: Dec3D: A Level of Integration measure

From: Johannes Behr <johannes.behr@igd.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:33:44 +0100
Cc: public-declarative3d-contrib@w3.org, public-d3d mlist <public-declarative3d@w3.org>, Felix Klein <lachsen@gmail.com>, Dmitri Rubinstein <rubinstein@cs.uni-saarland.de>
To: Kristian Sons <kristian.sons@dfki.de>
Looks great. Should/could we link this directly to the polyfill runtime architecture components (See attachment)?

best regards
johannes

> Dear all,
>
> this is our proposal to measure a level of integration for 3D graphics in terms of W3C technologies (DOM, CSS etc). Main aim is to explain existing and possible integration levels and finally to identify an integration level we're aiming for the CG. This should be in discussion with W3C and other stakeholders, because e.g. level 3 and 4 would require additional APIs in the browser to be able to develop a Polyfill implementation.
>
> I transferred the document also to the Wiki.[1] It should be a living document and leaves a lot of space for improvements and additions.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Kristian
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/community/declarative3d/wiki/Level_of_Integration
>
> --
>
> Kristian Sons
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
> Agenten und Simulierte Realität
> Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
> 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
> Phone: +49 681 302-3833
> Fax:   +49 681 85775–2235
> kristian.sons@dfki.de
> http://www.xml3d.org
>
> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
> Dr. Walter Olthoff
>
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
>
> <Dec3DALevelofIntegrationmeasure.pdf>

---
Dr. Johannes Behr
Head of Department: Visual Computing System Technologies
Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-510  |  Fax +49 6151 155-196
johannes.behr@igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de