Example of why declarative 3D is a win

From: Sandy Ressler <sressler@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:45:44 -0400
To: public-declarative3d@w3.org
Hi folks  got a cute little demo that highlights a big win for declarative 3D.
First I've noticed over the past week or so a bunch of slides on the web that are created using a native HTML and a Javascript tool called deck.js. I'd call it the HTML5 replacement for Powerpoint. So I created a very small example and was able to fairly easily slip in a couple of little X3DOM graphics right smack in the middle of these slides. It's a testament to native HTML and declarative graphics. The slide set behaves a little oddly initially...hit the right arrow a few times then the left arrow to go to the beginning of the slides and things generally clean up. And of course you need a browser that supports WebGL for this to work.
It's at:
http://math.nist.gov/~SRessler/deckjs/introduction/index2x3d.html
Sandy

Sandy Ressler
High Performance Computing and Visualization Group
100 Bureau Drive, STOP 8911
Gaithersburg MD, 20899
(301) 975-3549 Fax: (301) 975-3218
sressler@nist.gov