post siggraph thoughts

From: Sandy Ressler <sressler@nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:10:04 -0400
To: public-declarative3d@w3.org
Hi all...was great to meet the folks I hadn't met before at SIGGRAPH and to catch up on all the old timers ;-)

SIGGRAPH was great fun and mostly productive...I thought there were some great examples of Declarative 3D demonstrated, but I also thought the message was somewhat "down in the weeds".  I'd just suggest that next time we have a clearer high level message about the whole value and purpose of Declarative 3D....hmmm maybe we can abbreviate it DEC3D ??

Anyway mainly I wanted to ping whomever ...to figure out how to ping the organizers of the TPAC 2011 meeting so that we have a slot to present something to the TPAC...how would that be accomplished??

Hmmm I think I like the DEC3D abbreviation...any thoughts on that gang?  Then we can go ahead and make a DEC3D logo!! ;-)
Sandy

Sandy Ressler
High Performance Computing and Visualization Group
100 Bureau Drive, STOP 8911
Gaithersburg MD, 20899
(301) 975-3549 Fax: (301) 975-3218
sressler@nist.gov