[VOC] Comments on the current version of the vocabulary

From: Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:38:02 +0200
To: public-ddwg@w3.org, DDR Vocabulary <public-ddr-vocab@w3.org>

Dear all,

As a result of the analysis made on [1] here are the comments (coming
from me on behalf of the MyMobileWeb project) on the vocabulary (some of
them already known by Andrea, as I was chatting with him on the MSN :) ):

+ Usable Screen Width / Height. If I read the description, this is
something that will depend on the whole DC and it will be likely not
suitable for storing in a DDR. The value of this property will be
calculated and not stored
+ MIME Types. Do we really need a MIME type property for each
technology, or do we need to associate an additional "subproperty"
MIME_Type to each technology?
+ ECMAScript: It is not enough with saying EcmaScript yes or no. What
DOM Level Support (if any) has this browser? That's it's really important
+ UTF-8 Are we going to restrict to UTF-8, only, or we are going to
consider other charsets?
+ Table Support, how we are going to express that a device has table
support but there is a limitation in the total number of columns that
can be displayed?
+ Italic and Bold. I'm not sure if this properties are going to be in
such status, shouldn't be it implied by the version of XHTML and CSS
supported?
+ Caching I'm in doubt if this property may affect an application
regarding content adaptation
+ I'm missing properties regarding the preferred markup formats, image
formats, I will ask for them

Best Regards

[1]
http://forge.morfeo-project.org/wiki_en/index.php/MyMobileWeb-WURFL-W3C_Core_Vocabulary