[VOC] Do we really need a property in the vocabulary for each markup or variety of them

From: Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:50:47 +0200
To: public-ddwg@w3.org

Hi,

I was thinking about the issue of having a property for each variety of
things that can depend on versions of the same technology, like CSS,
markup, DOM, Javascript, etc. For example, CSS can be CSS Mobile Profile
1.0, W-CSS, CSS Level 1, CSS Level 2, CSS Level 2 revision 1, CSS 3, etc.

One option for avoiding such a nigthmare would be to have some standard
subproperties that allow the retrieval of particularities around an
specific property. In the case of the CSS example, we would have

ddr.getProperty("CSS_Support").getProperty("Version") and we could
obtain some value that indicates the specific version supported

Also the same could apply to HTML

ddr.getProperty("HTML_Support").getProperty("Profile")
ddr.getProperty("HTML_Support").getProperty("Version")

What do you think?

Best Regards